Monday, August 1, 2011

I am not ashamed

This is my prayer today that I would not be ashamed to share the gospel of Christ. 2 Timothy 1:8,9 says "So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life-not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time"

Many times I do not want to say something to others because of that feeling of rejection.  However, I know that I should not be worried about what others will think of me because I talk about my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. When we were in WV the Preacher Dan Rogers put it this way; "What would you think if people were ashamed or afraid to tell others about you because they weren't sure of what others response would be or if they would be rejected?"  We wouldn't want someone to be ashamed to talk about us so why are we ashamed to talk about Christ?  We should be proclaiming his name above all else.  There are often times when I do not do this.  My prayer everyday is that I would be bold for Christ and not ashamed to tell others about Him.  Even if it is just one person that day I want to make sure I am proclaiming His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment